If you’re thinking of becoming a certified B Corp and are looking into the workshop’s we’re running here at the Hub, you might have a few questions!
We’ve done our best to answer as many as we can below, but if there’s anything we haven’t covered please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What’s special about the B Corp certification?
The B Corp certification process is the only independent, externally verified whole-company certification that says ‘this is a responsible business’!
What is a B Corp?
B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Corp is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or Soil Association Organic certification is to milk.
Why should I do it?
The B Impact Assessment (BIA) is a rigorous assessment that measures organisational performance across five key impact areas: Governance, Workers, Community, Environment, and Customers.
By showing that you are working on being responsible in these areas, you will be able to:
- engage employees around your purpose
- benchmark your progress and demonstrate your credentials
- save money
- attract investment
- reduce risk in your supply chain
- generate and solidify brand love and trust
- join a rapidly growing movement of companies who seek to use business as a force for good and help create a shared and durable prosperity for all.
What do I get from doing this course?
Junxion’s specially trained consultants will take you through the B Impact Assessment in five mornings (3-hour) workshops, one covering each of the five impact areas of the BIA (governance, workers, community, environment, and customers) so that you are able to complete the certification with ease.The workshops will take place over two months at two-week intervals (ie weeks 1, 3, 5, 7, 9), starting Tuesday 3th May, 9:30-12:30 and ending 25th July 2017.0
What does it cost?
- £500 early-bird price
- £800 (post early bird) for hub members
- £1,000 (post early bird) for non-members