Who can join the Dopper Changemaker Challenge?
Whether you are working towards your Bachelor or Masters degree in Product Design or Biology, from Marketing to Economics - university students from ALL disciplines are welcome to join the Dopper Changemaker Challenge! It doesn’t even matter if you just started brainstorming for ideas or if you recently finished your graduation project or thesis.To join the Dopper Changemaker Challenge, make sure you check off these criteria:
- Your project is about clean water and/ or plastic waste. You can find some examples here
- You are or were registered at a university as a Bachelor or Masters student;
- You are or were studying in the United Kingdom, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany or Nepal;
- You are still working on your graduation project or thesis, or only finished it after 1 September 2018;
- You have chosen or currently determining the subject of your project or thesis yourself;
- You are available on 29 May 2019, and you can attend finale events on 15 and 16 June 2019 in person;
- Are you writing your thesis for a company? No problem. Read about thesis embargoes here
Did any questions come up? Read the FAQ
What's in it for you?
Your graduation project on the subject of plastic waste or clean water could win you:
- Funding (research grants)
: £5,000 for 1st place, £2,500 for 2nd and 3rd place, and £500 for places 4 through 10.
- Valuable introductions
: The winner of 1st place will take the stage at an event relevant to their field of research. And the winners of places 1 through 10 will be introduced to established partners and/or organisations.
- Promo support
: The ideas and solutions of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be actively shared with the international media.
Need inspiration? Meet the changemakers!
Entrepreneur and Straw by Straw founder Ev Liu developed an eco-friendly alternative to the plastic straw made of natural wheat straw! City to Sea founder and environmental campaigner Natalie Fee reached 35 million people with her Refill campaign for ditching single-use water bottles. And designer Mirjam de Bruijn created the Twenty soluble cleaning products - the only 20% percent you need to buy; add 80% tap water and shake it up!
These are just three of the inspiring changemakers you’ll get to know during the Dopper Changemaker Challenge! From London to Kathmandu, and from Amsterdam to Berlin, there are more than a dozen stories we can’t wait to share!
Entrepreneurs, campaigners, engineers, influencers - keep an eye on the blog for our changemaker stories!
More about the Dopper Changemaker Challenge
In Dopper's own words: "Crystal-clear water, in every ocean, from every tap. That’s Dopper’s goal. Our nemesis? Single-use water bottles. That’s why we created the ultimate reusable water bottle, called Dopper. This bottle battles the throwaway lifestyle. And it is working. Up until now, we’ve prevented over 40 million kilos of single-use plastic from entering our oceans. Feels pretty good. But when you realise that we throw a garbage truck of plastic waste in our oceans every minute, we still have a long way to go. Luckily, we’re not doing this alone. We believe that we need the next generation of changemakers – yes you! – to change the world. That’s why we started a competition: the Dopper Changemaker Challenge."